A blog dedicated to asking if what Jesus said and taught and did is true. If it is, then how should we live? Should we live as if?

Friday, November 21, 2008

Reduction Gear

When I was a kid my mother would sometimes speak of "reducing down" a concoction of stuff on the stove to reduce the amount of water in the mix, so that final result would be stronger, or more potent. In the case of my mother's cooking, potent is probably a good word to describe the stuff; 'nuff said.

It's been a little over 3 years since God saved me, and so often I hear people work hard at making the truth and process of the gospel into a complicated, lofty, intellectual endeavour.

I like to indulge in the sin of pride, ego-building, etc., and sometimes have been a partner in crime with those who want to do the complicated lofty intellectual version of the gospel.

But tonight God convicted me of that behavior and attitude and brought to my attention (again) a video that first captured my heart nearly 2 years ago. Just Stop and Think delivers the truth of the gospel that God love you. and me. and the jerk at your office and the idiot at church that you can't stand. he loves you, he's patiently waiting for you to come to him in openness and honesty.

Like they said to Mikey: "Try it, you'll like it!"

Followers


Technocrati