A blog dedicated to asking if what Jesus said and taught and did is true. If it is, then how should we live? Should we live as if?

Monday, May 7, 2007

oh really?

As of late i've been reading some of the articles on James MacDonald's blog and tonight decided to post a comment to the article listed above.

"John" got bent by my comments, and proceeded in an anonymous post to attack me on my own blog, in a most un-Christian like manner.

So let's address some of his comments, starting with

I was really offended by your post on James Mcguires blog
it's James MacDonald's blog. i'm sorry you were offended; that was not my intent or desire or goal.


You place yourself in authority
No I don't. i claim that Jesus redeemed me and cleansed me through His blood.


You (basically) inferred that you are living in a state of perfection
No, i did not. i have never made such a claim about myself. i openly admitted to you my struggles, past and present. Perhaps it was just more convenient for you to forget that?


You claim the perfection of Christ, which makes you a liar. You are a sinner, and you will be, until God calls you home.
Let's address your claims. i claim that Christ is perfect. i claimed, and here do claim again, that i am imperfect, a fallen sinner prone to dishonoring Christ as much as anyone else. Of course i'm a sinner; a pretty good one, too. Which is exactly why i need Christ.


Examine your heart and get real! You may not know the extent of your sin, but God does! Ask him to search your heart! It will (or should) make you sick!
i did examine my heart and get real 2 years ago. And then Christ came into my heart and redeemed me; he's still got a ton of work to do, too. i do know the extent of my sin, and it does make me sick to witness my own sin. That's why i almost continually ask him to search my heart and reveal to me any hidden sins that need to be confessed.

perhaps you can turn over some of your rage to Christ -- it would be far more beneficial for you than directing it at me.

Followers


Technocrati